Wednesday, February 6, 2008

t-minus everything!

i know you've all gone through this before with me. my ineptitude at money-handling results in the wholesale, rampant purges of media. admittedly, the flood helped precipitate a greater sense of detachment to stuff, buddhist-like, but of what i've got left, i am rather fond of. all the same, a healthy cull helps to reevaluate whether i really need three pere ubu cds (for when i'm in that pere ubu kind of mood? when's that?), or terry pratchett hardcovers when the bulk of the collection is all the same edition paperback, which can be taken into the bath and otherwise loved, velveteen-rabbit-style. don't even talk to me about gormenghast. i'd rather have all my books taken away and live the rest of my life stuck with poe and tom clancy than finish that purple tome.

the contour map turned out all right. i got 9 out of 10 points, as i half-assed labeling the x100 levels. the pop quiz, on the other hand, destroyed me. not wholly, but it certainly sucked. i'll be lucky to get 6 out of 10 on it, but at least he told us the other section averaged a 3.7 on it. hooray?

it's three hours until my first exam in over ten years! oh boy! let the games begin! actually, i think i ought to do a couple more of the short answer questions, so i'm going to let you go.

2 comments:

dm said...

oh yeah, I moved. wts is over and dead.

http://blackokra.blogspot.com

Josh Krauter said...

I laughed at whether you really need three Pere Ubu CDs, because I have the Pere Ubu box set. Why do I need that? Only Disc 1 and the first half of Disc 2 get any play around the Mystery Cave. There's an Italian live show on Disc 4 in which David Thomas warbles a whole song about pizza toppings, I think. I could be wrong, though. I last listened to that song in 1996. That was three stereos ago. No one said the word "panini" then.